I can’t believe that it’s that time again! Happy August every one! How was your July? Ours was crazy and HOT! Hubby traveled most of the month which left me and the boys having lots of adventures.We found our new favorite donut place, played in lots of water (splash pads are their favorite), made some crafts and dressed up like cows (yay for free food!). I also participated in MommyCon for the first time and it was fabulous!
In my quest in having an intentional summer, I have also realized how unfocused I’ve been. Working on what I feel like, posting the products I feel like at the moment, winging my marketing plan and having no editorial calendar. While that sounds like it gives freedom, it doesn’t. Not one bit. Especially while trying to juggle being a stay at home mom and grow a successful business. I need to face the fact that I am unable to do the “daily scramble” any more and need to be more organized, more focused and more scheduled. Those are all things that do not come easy to me, so this should be interesting. But hopefully also extremely rewarding and fulfilling. Hopefully also the start of setting reasonable goals and actually hitting them all 🙂
Lets look at July’s goals – I feel I did a little better this month and at least reached most of them.
$1,250 in sales this monthCrushed this one! Sales totaled $2,014.44!! Opt-in made and promotedIf you haven’t seen this one yet you HAVE to! It’s pretty awesome! We are starting to do one giveaway everymonth starting this month! This month, in honor of World Breastfeeding Week we are giving away a Nursing Infinity Scarf! Head on over and make sure you enter to win and don’t forget to tell your friends about it too!! Successful day at MommyConnSuccessful it was! More than I could have asked for!! Move my shop off Shopify and onto it’s own site (yay!)
- Three review boxes sent out that were supposed to be sent out last month – ok so two of them got sent out, the other one will be sent out this month.
100 new email subscribers
Not work during play, relax, husband hours – define boundaries
- Hands free, quality, face-to-face time with the boys – this month was busy with MommyCon prep, I was better with my phone, but definitely spent more time working while they were awake than I would have liked to.
More adventures No more soda – water, water, water and the occasional glass of wine! Keep on top of the house – I was better last month, this month I gotta keep on it
I’d say I finally set some more obtainable goals in July! Woohoo!
Now onto August!
- Instagram 2,500
- $1,250 in sales
- Launch opt-in freebie
- 75 email subscribers
- plan plan plan
- Enjoy our last month of summer before Sebastian starts preschool! – lots of pool time, splash pad, finish our bucket list
- Stick to my “office hours” (6-8am, 1-3pm) – This is in my personal goals because I have no trouble working on my business, but do have a hard time focusing on chores and non-work to-do’s.
- Workout, continue to follow Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide
- Plan next day night before
- Hydrate – drink 55 oz of water a day
Why am I sharing my goals with you? For accountability. I am a firm believer in “progress, not perfection” and lots and lots of grace! Although I do not always meet my goals, knowing that I put them out here for all of you to read gives me that extra push to get some of these tough things done!
Do you make monthly goals? How do you manage your time? Have you made your August Goals yet? If so, I’d love for you to comment below and share them with me!